The Shipping Federation has district committees in all of the regions in which its members do business. District committees confer an important local perspective on the work of the Federation, facilitate the development of common positions on subjects of national scope, and provide a platform for the provision of key services such as training. The Federation's current district committees are:
MARITIMES DISTRICT COMMITTEE
- Chair: Lou Holmes, Holmes Maritime Inc.
NEWFOUNDLAND / LABRADOR DISTRICT COMMITTEE
- Chair: Norma Rose, Canadian Maritime Agencies Ltd.
ONTARIO DISTRICT COMMITTEE
- Chair: Brian McDonald, President, Montship Inc.
WEST COAST DISTRICT COMMITTEE
- Chair: John Mears, Pacific Northwest Ship & Cargo Services Inc.
QUEBEC NORTH SHORE DISTRICT COMMITTEE
- Chair: t.b.d., Iron Ore Company of Canada